Professor of Management Science/Business Analytics, Platform Economics/Ecosystem Strategy, Revenue/Profit Sharing, Quality Management
Jungsuk Oh is a Professor of Operations Management at Seoul National University. He has an S.B. in Management Science from M.I.T. and received his Ph.D. in Management Science & Engineering from Stanford University. Prior to joining Seoul National University, he worked as a Professor at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
His research focuses on Business Analytics, Platform Economics/Ecosystem Strategy, Revenue/Profit/Cost Sharing and Quality Management. His research outcome has appeared in journals such as Journal of Information Technology, Psychology & Marketing, Information Economics and Policy and Journal of Media Economics.
He has taught classes in Management Science, Business Analytics, Quality Management, Statistics and Decision Modeling and Managerial Economics at various levels including undergraduate, graduate and MBA.
● Ph.D., Management Science & Engineering, Stanford University.
● MS, Operations Research, Stanford University.
● SB, Management Science, M.I.T.
● Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Business School, Seoul National University, 2007 - Present.
- Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Business School, Seoul National University. 2019 - 2020.
- Director of Entrepreneurship Program, Business School, Seoul National University. 2019 - 2020.
- Associate Dean for Planning, Business School, Seoul National University. 2015 - 2017.
- Director, Global MBA, Business School, Seoul National University. 2013 - 2015.
- Director, Center for Case Development, Business School, Seoul National University. 2009-2011.
● Assistant Professor. KAIST Graduate School of Management/Graduate School of Information & Media Management. 2003 - 2007.
● Senior Researcher. TriGem Computer, Inc.
● Contents Management Society. 2015 - Present.
● Korea Big Data Society. 2013 - Present.
● Korean Society of IT Services. 2007 - 2010.
● Service Science National Forum. 2007 - 2010.
● The Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society. 2004 - 2010.
● Entrue Journal of IT. 2004 - 2006.
● Society for E-Business Studies. 2004 - 2006.
● Guest Editorial Writer, MK Business Newspaper, 2013-2014.
● Kim, S. et al. (2018). CEO, evolve with innovation. Park Young Press.
● Oh, J. (2016). Everything you need now about management. Influential.
● Park, H., Oh, J., Lee, J., & Park, J. (2013). Strategic management of technology and innovation. Pearson Education Korea.
● Oh, J. (2011). Cooperative game theory with nontransferable utility. In: Cochran, J.J. (Ed.), Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, Wiley & Sons, Inc.
● Sohn, J., &, Oh, J. (2010). App Store Economics. Hansmedia, Inc.
● Bang, Y. (Translation), Oh, J. (Bibliographical Explanation) (2010). Frederick Taylor - The Principles of Scientific Management. Book21, Inc.
● Oh, J. (2007). Economics of Revenue Sharing - Digital Era, In Search of A Rational Revenue Sharing Model. SERI Research Essay 088, SERI.
● Kim, S., & Oh, J. (2006). History of Korean PC Industry, Seoul National University Press.
International Journal Publications
● Shin, N., Kim, D., Park S., & Oh, J. (2018). The moderation effects of mobile technology advancement and system barrier on m-commerce channel preference behavior. Information Systems and e-Business Management, 16(1), 125-154.
● Oh, Y., & Oh, J. (2017). A critical incident approach to consumer response in the smartphone market: product, service and contents. Information Systems and e-Business Management, 15(3), 577-597.
● Choi, Y., Oh, J., & Park, J. (2016). A novel approach to managing the dynamic nature of semantic relatedness. Journal of Database Management, 27(2), 1-26.
● Oh, J., Koh, B., & Raghunathan, S. (2015). Value appropriation between the platform provider and app developers in mobile platform mediated networks. Journal of Information Technology, 30(3), 245-259.
● Kang, S., & Oh, J. (2015). Customer perceptions of health examination service quality: an empirical investigation in South Korea. International Journal of Social Science and Humanity, 5(3), 272-280.
● Kim, B., & Oh, J. (2011). The difference of determinants of acceptance and continuance of mobile data service: a value perspective. Expert Systems with Applications, 38(3), 1798-1804.
● Hwang, W., & Oh, J. (2009). Adoption of new online services in the presence of network externalities and complementarities. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 8(1), 3-15.
● Kim, G., Park, S., & Oh, J. (2008). An examination of factors influencing consumer adoption of Short Message Service (SMS). Psychology & Marketing, 25(8), 769-786.
● Oh, J. (2007). Profit-sharing in a closed content market. Journal of Media Economics, 20(1), 55-75.
● Shim, S., & Oh, J. (2006). Service bundling and the role of access charge in the broadband Internet service market. Communications & Strategies, (63), 73-91.
● Koh, B., & Oh, J. (2006). Determination of revenue streams subject to sharing in the mobile Internet market. Review of Network Economics, 5(3), 337-350.
● Oh, C.J., & Chang, S. (2000). Incentives for strategic vertical alliances in online information product market. Information Economics and Policy, 12(2), 155-180.
Domestic Journal Publications
● Chung, S., & Oh, J. (2018). A Study of the impacts of supplier's active involvement on firm’s operational performance. Journal of the Korean Society of Supply Chain Management, 18(2), 91-104.
● Lee, J., Briley, D. A., Oh, J., Park, S., & Bae, S. (2018). The effect of repeated and spaced exposures of Internet display advertising. Journal of Korean Marketing Association, 33(1), 65-80.
● Jeon, K.Y., Lee, J.H., & Oh, J. (2015). A conceptual fr_x_amework of IoT case study. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 10(3), 123-131.
● Lee, S., Park, J., Lee, H., Oh, J., & Lee, J. (2015). Hedonic or utilitarian: why people keep using social network services. Journal of Information Technology Services, 14(2), 355-373.
● Kim, D., Kim, D., & Oh, J. (2014). Automotive telematics market segmentation based on quality expectations. Asia Marketing Journal, 16(3), 57-75.
● Kim, D., Kim, D., & Oh, J. (2013). An empirical study on the factors influencing acceptance of convergence services: Focusing on telematics service. The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, 18(4), 241-255.
● Jang, K.Y., & Oh, J. (2013). A study on platform strategies of Korean first mobile instant messenger KakaoTalk. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 8(4), 49-55.
● Oh, J., Kim, D., Kim D., & Oh, Y. (2011). Revenue sharing trends and issues in the mobile Internet business. Telecommunications Review, 21(1), 77-88.
● Kim, D., Cha, J., Oh, J., & Kim, S. (2010). Pricing strategy for access charge of IPTV network: a dynamic analysis. Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, 35(3), 45-58.
● Han, J.H., Oh, J., & Cho, D.S. (2010). Implementation mechanism of the four-group shift system at Yuhan-Kimberly. Seoul Journal of Business, 16(1), 93-118.
● Kim, D., Kim, D., & Oh, J. (2010). Platform strategies of global media corporations. Telecommunications Review, 20(1), 71-83.
● Oh, J. (2007). Fixed vs. usage-based pricing: choice of pricing schemes and optimal profit allocation in the online content industry. Seoul Journal of Business, 13(2), 3-33.
● Yoo, J., Kim, B., Choi, M., & Oh, J. (2006). Estimation of vendor cost for software maintenance and repair outsourcing. The Journal of MIS Research, 16(2), 143-158.
● Oh. J., & Koh, B. (2005). IT outsourcing success factors and strategies. Entrue Journal of Information Technology, 4(2), 45-57.
● Lee, Y., & Oh, J. (2005). Alliance/competition strategy between mobile and financial service providers in the mobile payment service market. Telecommunications Review, 15(3), 515-525.
● IS Capabilities in the Development of an Innovation Ecosystem: A Case Study of the Hallyu (Korean Wave) Phenomenon. Proceedings of the Thirty Eighth International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Seoul, Korea, 2018.
● An approach to assess the impact of Internet of Things (IoT) on industrial markets, ISIS-VENICE International Multidisciplinary Academic Summit, Venice, 2014.
● Customer perceptions of health examination service quality: an empirical investigation in South Korea, 2014 1st Journal Conference on Social Science and Humanity (JCSSH 2014 1st), Barcelona, 2014.
● Revenue sharing as a strategic tool for new convergence services. ITS 18th Biennial Conference in Tokyo, 2010.
● Spectrum re-allocation fee assessment in Korea. Caribbean Regional ITS Conference in Jamaica, 2009.
● A modified Apex game and its application. CORS/INFORMS International Conference in Toronto, 2009.
● The effect of changing pricing scheme on the usage of broadband Internet service. INFORMS International Conference in Hong Kong, 2006.
● fr_x_amework for deploying SLA utilizing Six Sigma. The Conference of Korea Society of System Integration. Seoul, Korea. November 23, 2005. (Best Paper Award).
● Entrance of cableTV service provider into broadband Internet service market: bundling and role of access charge. ITS 15th Biennial Conference in Berlin, 2005.